What better way to have a “set it and forget it” meal for the week than a mixture of broccoli and cheese. This very simple, tasty recipe is found in Rival Crock Pot’s “Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes”.
Being a somewhat spur of the moment decision to make this dish I went without the celery seed and substituted onion powder for minced onion (because I didn’t have any). I also used red pepper flakes in place of the hot pepper sauce.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup crushed potato chips or saltine crackers
1. Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onions, celery seed, paprika and hot sauce in slow cooker.
3. Cover & cook on LOW 5-6 hours or on HIGH 2 1/2 – 3 hours, or until done.
4. Uncover; sprinkle top with potato chips and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
5. Cook, uncovered, on LOW 30 to 60 minutes or on HIGH 15-30 minutes, or until cheese melts.
This recipe was mentioned in a recent email for 7 Days Dinners from rachelraymag.com. I’m always looking for new ways to use buttermilk biscuits so I tried this for lunch today. The recipe is simple to prepare & you can easily add whatever pizza ingredients you like. I would definitely recommend this to moms looking for a quick meal to make for lunch or dinner.
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cans sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits, separated & cut into quarters
Preheat the oven to 400.
In a skillet, combine oil,garlic & mushrooms. Cook on medium until desired tenderness. (about 5 minutes)
Add sauce to skillet and heat just til starting to bubble.
Spread sauce mixture in a greased 2 quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Top with biscuit pieces.
Bake until cheese is bubbly and biscuits are browned, about 15 minutes.
Let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
In a recent post I discussed a new layering technique when making lasagna. I tried this new way of placing the noodles in the dish, as well as adding cream cheese to the list of ingredients. I was very please with the results and would like to share the recipe with you now. I love cheese so the different types and textures in this recipe are enjoyable.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 32 oz spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- lasagna noodles (at least half a box)
- 12 oz grated cheese (i use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- Parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
Now, for your step by step directions:
1. Pre-heat oven.
2. Brown beef.
3. Mix in spaghetti sauce; stir & place on low. Stir occasionally.
4. Mix Cottage Cheese & milk together.
5. With a spatula place cream cheese on lasagna noodles.
6. In a 9×13 pan spread 1/3 of the sauce & meat mixture. Next place weaved lasagna noodles.
Add 1/2 of the cottage cheese/milk mixture and 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and a few parsley flakes on top.
7. Repeat steps (meat, milk/cheese mixture, noodles)
8. Bake 1 hr covered, 20 minutes uncovered.