What better way to have a “set it and forget it” meal for the week than a mixture of broccoli and cheese. This very simple, tasty recipe is found in Rival Crock Pot’s “Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes”.
Being a somewhat spur of the moment decision to make this dish I went without the celery seed and substituted onion powder for minced onion (because I didn’t have any). I also used red pepper flakes in place of the hot pepper sauce.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup crushed potato chips or saltine crackers
1. Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onions, celery seed, paprika and hot sauce in slow cooker.
3. Cover & cook on LOW 5-6 hours or on HIGH 2 1/2 – 3 hours, or until done.
4. Uncover; sprinkle top with potato chips and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
5. Cook, uncovered, on LOW 30 to 60 minutes or on HIGH 15-30 minutes, or until cheese melts.