Pineapple chicken is a delightful, light & tasty dish to feed the family. Here’s the recipe & step by step directions for the recipe I use repeatedly. To look at recipe without step by step picture directions click here.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
Place preferred amount of rice in rice maker.
Cut chicken, cook & set aside.
Combine the first six ingredients until smooth.
In a large saucepan bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger;
Ccover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve over rice.